Ahh French baguettes, how I love them so :) In honour (or excuse) for our trip to France next month, I love making this simple yummy sandwich. The response from the kids were so so, they found the crusty outside of the bread too hard to chew. They ate the fillings and the soft part of the bread. However the chewy crust combination to me is the ultimate eating experience!
– fresh mini baguette (cut length wise)
– butter both sides of the loaf
– generously drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar (both sides, this is what sets off the flavours!)
– line with nice fatty swiss salami…yum
– layer with provolone cheese
– tomatoes slices
– romaine lettuce
– salt + pepper
Fold it up, give it a nice love squeeze! This is absolutely one of my favourite lunches. Simple.